Homemade deodorant spray. Make deodorant yourself economically and without chemicals. This preparation is extremely useful and functional.
I am suspicious of most deodorants and antiperspirants because of the aluminum compounds they contain (even the natural deodorant crystal contains aluminum compounds, although it is considered a safe product), while their high value in relation to their low efficiency is usually important.
I have experimented with various recipes, the most successful of which is the one I quote to you. It works well and … you have nothing to lose.
Just go to the kitchen and take the box with baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). DO NOT confuse baking soda with baking powder (baking powder contains baking soda and additionally a triturated acid due to its characteristic boiling point when wet).
How to make Homemade deodorant spray
Follow the instructions below, it’s really very simple.
- Fill a bottle (150–300ml) with a spray nozzle, halfway with water. Use filtered or bottled glass, clean water.
- Mix the baking soda in about 1/8 teaspoon. Mix well.
- Continue to add small amounts of baking soda, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes a relatively viscous liquid with a homogeneous (caution: cream should not be made, it will be a relatively dense liquid, capable of flowing). The amount you will end up using will depend on the type of water used and the size of your bottle. Some types of water quickly lose the viscous texture and so you should add more baking soda).
- OPTIONS: Add a few drops of lavender essential oil (or whichever you prefer). Essential oils should be used with caution, in small quantities, and above all be sure of the properties of the oil you are using and that you are not sensitive to it.
- Shake the bottle gently but very well to mix all the ingredients together. You have to achieve the viscous liquid texture and perfectly dissolve the baking soda, because any granular particles may irritate your skin during the day. When taken in this form, the deodorant is ready for use.
- Spray your homemade deodorant on your armpits. Do not flush it, just rub gently under the armpits so that the skin can absorb deodorant more quickly, and it can spread throughout your armpit.