Is tea tree oil good for hair? The oil tea tree is widely used for its properties. This oil is extracted from the leaves and barks of the tea tree or Melaleuca alternifolia, which is an Australian shrub that reaches about five meters in height.
Some of the properties for which tea oil stands out is because it is antibacterial, antiviral, fungicidal, healing, and even repellent of insects. In addition to that, most of them ask, Is tea tree oil good for hair? yes, it is.
Essential oils help improve health, in this case, we are talking about tea tree oil, this oil has been used thousands of years ago for its properties and today it is still used for the great benefits that it brings to health as well as to home.
- Main uses and properties of tea tree oil
- 1.1 Antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
- 1.2 Fight acne
- 1.3 Fungicide
- 1.4 Avoid throat infections and nasal congestion
- 1.5 Eliminate dandruff and strengthen the scalp
- 1.6 Fight lice
- 1.7 Define the curls
- 1.8 Remove makeup
- 1.9 Insect bites and insect repellent
- 1.10 Warts
- 1.11 Fight dermatitis, allergies, and even psoriasis
- 1.12 Dental hygiene
- 1.13 Cold sores
- 1.14 Household cleaning and disinfection
- What are the benefits of tea tree oil?
- 2.1 Is tea tree oil good for hair?
- Uses of tea tree oil for hair
- Tea tree oil for lice hair
- Tea tree oil and lavender
- Tea tree oil with olive oil
- Benefits of tea tree oil for oily hair
- Mixed with tea tree oil for hair
- 2.2 Tea tree oil for the face
- 2.3 Tea tree oil for nails
- 2.1 Is tea tree oil good for hair?
Main uses and properties of tea tree oil
Tea oil, as it has a multitude of properties, has infinite uses, since it can be used for the care of the body, face, or hair as well as for the home. Next, we are going to introduce you to some of the uses of tea tree oil.
Antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory
One of the properties that stand out in this essential oil is its antiseptic and antibacterial power, so it can be used on wounds, burns, and blisters, as it reduces infections and regenerates the skin. If we use it topically, it should be mixed with other essential oils such as almond or jojoba.
It also has anti-inflammatory properties, so it can be used to reduce scars, and for sunburn.
Another of its properties is its use to combat acne. To do this, you must dilute this oil, about 4 drops, with about 20 ml of witch hazel and apply it to the grains.
See also, How to Get rid of acne naturally
With this essential oil, you can eliminate nail fungal infections or the famous athlete’s foot. In the event that you want to treat nail or foot fungus, you can use tea tree oil directly or put a few drops in warm water and immerse your hands or feet.
Avoid throat infections and nasal congestion
You can also avoid throat infections by gargling, you should put 4 drops of the essential oil in a container with warm water, use it twice a day, and the most important thing is that it should never be ingested. In the case of nasal congestion, this essential oil can be used in steam baths by adding a few drops to boiling water.
Eliminate dandruff and strengthen the scalp
Dandruff on the scalp can be prevented by adding a few drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo. The scalp can also benefit from the properties of tea tree oil. By adding a few drops to the shampoo or directly massaging the skin with oil-soaked fingers, you will be able to treat the sensitive scalp, flaking, and oily scalp.
A mask is made with the tea tree oil and olive oil is added, this is applied to the scalp or you can add a few drops of this essential oil in the shampoo.
Define the curls
This essential oil revives the definition of the curl, it should be added a few drops and massaging the hair well, let it act for a few minutes, and then wash the hair.
Also the use of this essential oil helps to eliminate makeup, fat and impurities from the face. See also, The best facial and eye makeup remover for any skin.
Bug bites and bug spray
As we have commented previously, this essential oil has many uses thanks to the properties it provides. It prevents inflammation and itching from the bites of some insects such as mosquitoes, bees, etc., while repels them.
It helps to eliminate warts, you should apply a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball and put it on the wart, this process should be done several times a day.
Fight dermatitis, allergies, and even psoriasis
To treat dermatitis, skin allergies, or psoriasis, a few drops of tea tree oil are diluted in another vegetable oil, such as jojoba or almonds, and the affected area is massaged. Another of its uses can be to use it when the skin is irritated after waxing.
It is used to eliminate bacterial plaque, cure canker sores, and also in case of inflamed gums. It can also be used to prevent bad breath, in this case, put a few drops of tea tree oil in a glass of water and rinse your mouth, without swallowing the liquid.
Another use is to eliminate cold sores, you should put a few drops with another essential oil, such as olive oil or coconut oil, and put on herpes.
Household cleaning and disinfection
After knowing the main uses of tea tree oil for care, now we are going to discover how with this essential oil you can clean and disinfect your home.
It is used in the home to disinfect carpets, bedding, and also to prevent fungus and mold from bathtubs and showers. To do this, pour half a liter of water into a container and mix it with about 25 drops of tea tree oil. In the case of using it for clothes, add the drops of this essential oil to the detergent.
What are the benefits of tea tree oil?
After knowing some of the uses of this essential oil, now we are going to explain the great benefits that tea tree oil has. The essential oil of the tea tree has many benefits, this oil is widely used especially in natural cosmetics, as it protects the health of the skin.
From Beautymakeuptipsonline.com we highlight the following general benefits of this essential oil:
- Pain relieving
The benefits of tea tree oil for its antiseptic property are:
- Helps skin stay clean
- Protect the skin
- Maintains the balance of the skin
- Prevents skin blemishes
- Tones the skin
- Eliminate acne
- Eliminate skin infections
The benefits of tea tree oil for its calming properties are:
- Improve irritated skin
- Soothes the skin after shaving, tattooing or waxing
The benefits of tea tree oil for its antifungal properties are:
- Eliminate nail fungus
- Eliminate athlete’s foot
The benefits of tea tree oil for its anti-inflammatory properties are:
- Reduce scars
- Reduce sunburn
Is tea tree oil good for hair?
This oil can also be used for hair treatment because it is rich in terpenoids and essential oils. We offer you uses of tea tree oil for hair, women always want to give their hair natural substances and nutrients that are free from harmful substances and chemicals, and among these products is tea tree oil, which contains important properties that treat various hair problems.
Among the benefits of tea tree oil for hair are :
- Avoid infections that can cause hair loss, this is thanks to the fact that this oil is antifungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial
- Eliminates lice, prevents eggs from incubating, as it acts as a barrier between the scalp and lice
- Eliminates dandruff avoiding excess oil in the hair
- Leaves hair hydrated
- Avoid irritations and itching of the scalp, it also prevents scalp sensitivity, flaking, or oily scalp
- Revives curls.
As we have already mentioned, to use this oil on the hair, add a few drops of tea oil to the shampoo or directly pour a few drops and massage the scalp. We can use different ways of tea tree oils, So, let’s see how to use tea tree oil for hair.
How to use tea tree oil for hair
- It moisturizes the scalp, and provides it with important nutrients that work to nourish the hair significantly, by applying this oil to the scalp.
- It contains antibacterial properties that prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi on the scalp, as well as prevent infections.
- You can add to the hair lotion every time, as it eliminates the growth of dandruff on the scalp.
- It is a natural oil that contains nutrients that prevent hair loss.
- It promotes the opening of follicles that help hair grow faster.
Tea tree oil for lice hair
It is one of the natural oils that give the hair the necessary moisture, in addition to it contains substances that act as antibacterial and fungal growth, which allow lice to grow on the scalp, by:
- Tea tree oil.
- Tight-fitting comb.
- Suitable hair lotion.
How to use
- Spread tea tree oil on hair, and massage the scalp well.
- Comb the hair with the narrow pins to get rid of insects and lice.
- Wash hair well with rinse and warm water.
Tea tree oil and lavender
- Mix tea tree oil with lavender oil, massage the scalp well, then comb the hair with a comb designed to kill insects.
- Repeat this experiment for several days in order to finally get rid of the presence of lice and their eggs.
See also, Why Rose water good for skin and hair
Tea tree oil with olive oil
- You can mix equal amounts of tea tree oil with olive and coconut oil, and apply it to the hair, wrap the hair with a warm towel, and leave it on the hair for up to half an hour.
- Use a fine-toothed comb to remove lice from the hair.
- Then wash the hair well with shampoo, to get rid of all insects.
Benefits of tea tree oil for oily hair
- Helps get rid of the accumulated oils in the hair.
- It protects the scalp from the growth of bacteria and grains inside it due to the secretion of oils in large amounts.
- Promotes hair growth, restoring its natural cycle.
- You can use by drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil.
- Rub this mixture on the scalp well until the ends.
- Leave it on for up to 60 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with shampoo for oily hair.
- To get the best results, repeat this experiment twice a week.
- You can also mix an amount of tea tree oil with aloe vera gel, and put it on the hair for 20 minutes, then wash the hair with warm water and shampoo.
Mixed with tea tree oil for hair
1- In order to prevent hair loss, you can use this recipe, which is:
- A cup of warm water, and an added bag of chamomile tea.
- Half a spoonful of soda.
- Drops of tea oil.
How to use
- Mix tea with soda and tea tree oil.
- Massage the scalp with this mixture well.
- Leave it on for up to 20 minutes.
- Then wash the hair well with shampoo.
2- This method promotes hair growth and revitalizes blood circulation in it, by:
- Drops of tea tree oil.
- Drops of jojoba oil.
- Drops of rosemary oil.
How to prepare
- Mix these oils together well.
- Rub this mixture well on the scalp.
- Cover the hair with a towel dipped in warm water.
- Leave it on for 60 minutes, then wash it off with warm water and shampoo.
Tea tree oil for face
This essential oil is widely used in beauty treatments, these treatments benefit from the properties of this oil that is antifungal, antibacterial, antiseptic, and healing. Tea tree oil for the face can have many uses, one of its uses is against acne, it reduces and prevents scars, tea oil has the property of releasing the sebaceous glands and also disinfects the skin.
When using it, it is very important to use the right dose to avoid skin irritation, if this oil is used during the day, sun protection should be used, as it is photosensitive.
Also, as we discussed before, it can be used to remove makeup and impurities from the face.
Tea tree oil for nails
Tea oil has antifungal properties that eliminate nail fungus. It can be used together with another oil or put a few drops in hot water and immerse the hands or feet where the infected nail is.
We hope this post has helped you to learn about the benefits, uses, and properties of tea tree oil since it is one of the best options to take care of yourself. We work with the best natural cosmetic brands because we care about you and we care about the environment.
If you have any questions about this essential oil, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible. And if you have something you want to share, we are waiting for you in the comments. Now someone asks you “Is tea tree oil good for hair?” you can answer not only hair, it is all for our body.
Share “Is tea tree oil good for hair?” with others.